42 Quotes to Live By
I started collecting quotes when I was 15.
As the title transparently and honestly suggests, it’s a simple list.
I didn’t add any comments next to them as I believe rough information forces people to make their own opinions and that’s good for democracy.
Some of them will sound weird as I translated them from their original language (where it made more sense) into English.
Here’s a list of my favorite quotes. Enjoy!
1. I’d rather look back at my life and say “I can’t believe I did that” rather than saying “I wish I did that”.
2. The absence of doubt in oneself is a lack of humility.
3. An excuse is only the expression of a limit.
4. People that give the most advice are less likely to follow them.
5. Giving birth to yourself is your main job.
6. In the realm of will, quitting is a mistake.
7. Feed your donkey, it poops on you.
8. Nothing helps more than to think it is now or never.
9. The key to harvesting the greatest joy of living is to live dangerously.
10. Success is like being pregnant. Everyone congratulates you but no one knows how many times you’ve been f*cked.
11. Money comes and goes. Time goes.
12. Knowledge is power.
13. Initiative is the hardest and most important lesson of all.
14. The source of all pain in our lives is wishing things were different than they actually are.
15. Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.
16. In a world in which the total amount of human knowledge is doubling about every ten years, our security can only rest on our ability to learn.
17. Tomorrow never comes.
18. A goal is a dream with a deadline.
19. If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too.
20. The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
21. Those who can’t do teach. Those who can’t teach, teach gym.
22. The good life is built with good relationships.
23, A good conversation is like a miniskirt: short enough to retain interest but long enough to cover the subject.
24. As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance.
25. We’re always looking for the next product that’s going to change our life instead of just going out and changing it.
26. Most good science comes only after a massive amount of failure.
27. When you combine insecurity and ambition, you get an inability to say no to things.
28. If you shut up truth and bury it under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.
29. The divine gift does not come from a higher power but from our own minds.
30. They say true beauty comes from within, but so does diarrhea.
31. Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe.
32. You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him to find it within himself.
33. The place you gonna spend the most time in is your head. Better make it comfortable.
34. Success = talent + luck
35. The temptation to quit will be the greatest when you’re about to succeed.
36. If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
37. Education is what remains after one forgot everything he learned in school.
38. Waiting empowers mediocrity.
39. It is not the amount of days in your life, but the amount of life in your days.
40. Being smart is about keeping it simple.
41. A joke is the shadow of the truth.
42. Comparison is the path to perpetual misery.